Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MATAMP Super Nova Mixer/Epping forest country club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MATAMP Super Nova Mixer/Epping forest country club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MATAMP Super Nova Mixer/Epping forest country club
    Posted: 30 October 2012 at 7:36pm

VERY VERY RARE !!

No longer for sale..

Edited by johnnysh - 31 October 2012 at 11:38pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 7:40pm
Be seeing you.
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 7:41pm
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 7:45pm
Are we that predictable Jim? LOL
Be seeing you.
johnnysh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 7:54pm
Yes your right it was on ebay last week and the person who "so called bought it" has been a waste of space

I have been trying to contact him for most of the week with no joy via ebay!

So as this site seems more serious about pro equipment than ebay, I will try to sell it here

but I am really in two minds as to where or not to sell these items, I could do with the space, but I used these mixers when DJing with  the Radio 1 / John Dean Road Show years ago, and thus why I saved up for this mixer back in the late 80s.

So although this actual mixer has never been used, It has very special memories for me....

Edited by johnnysh - 30 October 2012 at 10:52pm
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 7:56pm
Nothing this gorgeous (despite price) gets away undetected for long!! Whether to drool or laugh is the debate here...

must say they are in incredibly good nik Thumbs Up
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
johnnysh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 8:02pm
Yes, I look after and respect all my expensive pro equipment, but in this case, the mixer is in virgin condition. 

If you look after equipment, even more so, if you don't use it 

It becomes more desirable as years go on, because the mixers and amplifiers become rare, especially one in this condition,

It's like a classic car, and thus tend to be more valuable, as there are fewer in circulation

if it does not sell, I am really not over bothered, 

but I do get cheesed off with people that waste time, thus I have given up with ebay

Edited by johnnysh - 30 October 2012 at 8:15pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 8:15pm
Some Advice.

The problem is Johnny,we all know on here what they are worth,we know they are a quality item,but realistically you just aren't going to get anywhere near that figure for it....if it means that much to you,you are probually best off keeping it.

Here is mine,in the factory case,which would probually only fetch around £500-ish and is as mint as yours.

Be seeing you.
johnnysh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 8:22pm
Fair point, and yes your looks very nice too Clap

It's really no problem to me, as I am more than happy to keep it, the price I have listed this package for is more than a fair price for this grade, quality of kit.

For me to part with it, it's worth much more than £500! It's a pure insult to sell these items at that price, period.....

I rather be the proud owner of these two items and grow old, even if I never use the mixer,  to many great memories, back in the day,

I also attended Froggys funeral, and repaired most of his equipment for him when he was alive, including his Matamp mixers and Quasa power amps. 

I have had many great moments with Froggy and all of them were due to being introduced to MatAmp equipment.

It's a pride for me to repair any MatAmp equipment in my workshop, the build quality and passion that goes in to MatAmp is not found in other equipment very often

Edited by johnnysh - 31 October 2012 at 1:11am
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 8:27pm
If you have any photos of Froggy's gear Johnny,add them to this thread?

http://forum.speakerplans.com/froggy-and-the-soulweekenders_topic17026.html

Be seeing you.
johnnysh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 8:35pm
Wow what a great thread, thank you for the link

sadly back in the 80s/90s I never took photographs when in my workshop repairing equipment,

I do today, everything is photographed,

I remember repairing a Matamp Quadra Pan mono mixer for Steve

It had a Joy Stick in the middle of the mixer and 4 mono outputs, and the joystick could give a 360 degree effect to each of the 4 speaker stacks,

I think it was a custom build between Mat & Steve, I remember it was about the same size as the super nova

Mat gave me all the circuit diagrams for the Super Nova, All The Quasa Amplifiers, and not forgetting the MatAmp Crossovers, I still have them stored safe today, and call on them on the rare occasion.

Edited by johnnysh - 30 October 2012 at 9:43pm
Pahlavan-i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pahlavan-i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 8:49pm
id love to have a go on it, its very handsome! 
Pahlavan sound =/= Sepas gozar-am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>