Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MATAMP Super Nova Mixer/Epping forest country club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MATAMP Super Nova Mixer/Epping forest country club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 1:20am
I still have a Disco Supplies Catalogue that dates back to the late 80s early 90s,

The MatAmp Super Nova mixer is listed and shown as there flag ship mixer, It was so ahead of it's time, but was never a cheap purchase!

Only for the serious connoisseur of fine DJ audio

I think Charlie Chans Night Club (Walthamstow) also boasted one of these great mixers back in the day
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 1:53am
I'd like a supernova, I just couldnt justify paying big money for one though. It would only be a "toy" for use at home, I wouldnt want to take it out with me.

You got a disco supplies catalogue? Any chance of scanning it and posting up here?
100% Earth Moving Bass
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:14am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Some Advice.

The problem is Johnny,we all know on here what they are worth,we know they are a quality item,but realistically you just aren't going to get anywhere near that figure for it....if it means that much to you,you are probually best off keeping it.

Here is mine,in the factory case,which would probually only fetch around £500-ish and is as mint as yours.

I have a John Noakes 1969 Anorak..LOL
Billy Dawg.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 5:39am
The problem with vintage equipment is it's only worth what people will pay for it and a Supernova is not going to command a price that high no matter what the condition.
This would only really be of interest to a collector as the features on it are to restrictive for use today.

It wouldn't be hard to source another Supernova (they do come up for sale occasionally) buy a new front panel (Matamp still have a few) and hey presto new looking mixer for half the price.

The other problem with these is of course the parts are virtually impossible to find.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 8:40am
Originally posted by johnnysh johnnysh wrote:

I still have a Disco Supplies Catalogue that dates back to the late 80s early 90s,

The MatAmp Super Nova mixer is listed and shown as there flag ship mixer, It was so ahead of it's time, but was never a cheap purchase!

Only for the serious connoisseur of fine DJ audio

I think Charlie Chans Night Club (Walthamstow) also boasted one of these great mixers back in the day

If you could scan or photograph the disco supplies catalogue,and post it up in the Golden oldies section on here,that would be really helpful.

Tony (ASS) on here did the sound install for Charlie Chans...i have some photos of that.

Be seeing you.
johnnysh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 12:13pm
I was the resident DJ from 1992, 2002 at the Epping Forest Country Club, 

They had a crazy TOA system installed by John Boman Daniels, It Kicked Ass.

TOA I hear you say!, well I don't know what drivers they used? It was mad, one of the crazyest sound systems I remember in a night club of that era

The Mixer was a very rare, A System 2000 mixer (Silver) , by Formula Sound, (another very nice mixer)

those were the days....Smile

Edited by johnnysh - 31 October 2012 at 12:30pm
johnnysh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 12:27pm

burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 12:30pm
Superb, welcome to your new home Johnnysh. Thanks for posting.Clap
music is the message
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 12:34pm
That is interesting,here is Epping forest Country club,how it looked in 1981.

Be seeing you.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 12:36pm
System 2000 now that's a mixer I've been looking to buy for few past years.
johnnysh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnysh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 12:42pm
I have purchased and serviced the country club Formula Sound Mixer and rebuilt it from top to bottom and even managed to purchase all new top plates from formula sound.

It look brand spanking knew, what a gem

Though my project of rebuild was not cheap, just the alps faders were a small fortune, 

Replaced all new op amps throughout and full re calibrated the whole mixer,

It's looks brand new and sounds amazing.....
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 12:48pm
^ Photos please Johnny.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>