Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MATAMP Super Nova Mixer/Epping forest country club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MATAMP Super Nova Mixer/Epping forest country club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 7:25pm
I knew it was a 120 of some description Ian (must be the dementia creeping in) they were a hell of a lot louder for sure, Mr P had a fair supply of drivers in the stock room nearly all of them quality units too so all sorts of drivers crept into all sorts of cabs we had a pair of HH Pro150's loaded with E140's with the crappy bullet removed as a port in the hire stock too they worked nice with a horn on top !.   
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

Originally posted by Mhamplification Mhamplification wrote:

£250 !!!!!!!!!!!! It must be real gold they are finished   with
Nice cabs but seriously worth £50  and I bet they would not even  sell for that at the moment either
Any one know what these were loaded with originally ?

I Think most were loaded with Fane's but I did mod a few pairs many years ago using JBL E120's made a huge difference with a nice pair of horns on top. 
There was also a pair loaded with RCF's wizzer cones I did some work on back in the 80's.

I never knew that e-120's were used full range (with tweeter). Were they ok bass wise?
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Pinyorouk Pinyorouk wrote:

Nice cabs but seriously worth £50  and I bet they would not even  sell for that at the moment either

I Think most were loaded with Fane's but I did mod a few pairs many years ago using JBL E120's made a huge difference with a nice pair of horns on top. 
There was also a pair loaded with RCF's wizzer cones I did some work on back in the 80's.

I never knew that e-120's were used full range (with tweeter). Were they ok bass wise?

No not really the guy used them with some W bins so they were more mid than anything else but they were very loud considering the amount of power they got.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by Pinyorouk Pinyorouk wrote:

No not really the guy used them with some W bins so they were more mid than anything else but they were very loud considering the amount of power they got.

Ah, that explains it, thanks.
mostyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 1:50pm
i do now gaz,what pics would you like?
mostyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 1:51pm
i do now gaz,what pics would you like?
mostyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 4:59pm
i have now gaz,email me
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 7:39pm
That mixer is remarkably similar to the early Citronic stuff even down to the shape of the fader knobs
pauld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 3:21pm
Guys.

Just seen this post.  Charlie Chans AND the Eppping Forest Country Club both had Matamps - I used them both!  I also took the Chans picture and the EFCC 1981 picture of the lit up dance floor and also the one with 'Manhattans' written above the DJ stand (the DJ in the pic was a guy called Tony Jenkins) in the posts of 31st October 2012 earlier on in this thread.  I worked at EFCC between 1981 -84 and at Chans from when it opened in 1984 through to 1995.  Great times.
pauld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 3:23pm
And poster SimonH - is that mr Simon Harris?  Worked with you a few times at both venues too.  Theres even a pic of us on the EFCC DJ stand together here:

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zbb2ns.jpg - http://i48.tinypic.com/1zbb2ns.jpg
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 4:40pm
Welcome aboard Paul, any pictures or stories would be most appreciated. Also check the dave double deck Facebook page. Good times.
music is the message
pauld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 9:20am
Actually not sure now tht is me in the pic mentioned above.   Looks like me but don't think it is.

I'll see if I can get some more pics but for now for any fans of Charlie Chans here's some I took earlier (much earlier about 1985 I think):

https://plus.google.com/photos/113189127403597154594/albums?banner=pwa&gp=pwrd1#photos/113189127403597154594/albums/5703897713054006721 - https://plus.google.com/photos/113189127403597154594/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/113189127403597154594/albums/5703897713054006721 

Guys it seems to double up the link url, can't stop it.  Just copy the latter into your browser.

Edited by pauld - 12 February 2014 at 9:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>