Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mt1281

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 10:08am
faital do some nice small horns. they do a really compact 60/40 horn which may suit.
Gonzo-4-bidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 1:27pm
those look faital compression drivers look nice! tad expensive for me tho,
havent seen the horns yet, will look when i get home,
wonder if thd cd's are cheaper in italy, got a family member going there next month :)
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 3:07pm
Would a 6" not plug the gap better?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 5:11pm
i only need a compression driver, im not trying to plug the horn mouth of the 12", just mounting the cd+horn there as its the only place that has room for it
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
rhuet99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhuet99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 1:38am
Gonzo
 Would you be willing to share a plan or drawing of your mid horn and the phase plug? 

Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:27am
Originally posted by rhuet99 rhuet99 wrote:

Gonzo
 Would you be willing to share a plan or drawing of your mid horn and the phase plug? 

You misunderstand me.  I'm saying would a 6" horn rather than an 8"not be a more natural choice to bridge the gap between the 12" and the comp?
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:36am
Risc_terilia he doesn't misunderstand you. He was asking the OP wether he would share his plans lol.

I would also be very interested in seeing the plans for the 8" if you have any and are willing to share?

As after building myself a pair of mt121s im not so satisfied with the 800-2k region so was thinking of building a 8" horn version also. Any maybe even using a 15" instead of a 12" for the lower mid
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:45am
what high horn / driver do you use? (@ smoore)

the 8" section of the xtro is an easy one to pick because it's there, it's straightforward, it fits. having a lot of overlap between the ranges of the 12 and 8" sections could only give you good options for where to crossover etc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 10:19am
didnt have a detailed plan, will measure all sides for you but youll have to tear your hair out using a planer like i did to get all the mitres right, remember this wasnt simmed so it might be improvable, and i have basic phase plug knowledge so again im not saying its right, will post measurements when i get some time in the garage but working 7 days at the minute,

its a bit late to start thinking about using a 6 inch now as the horns built,plus i think an ideal 6 inch horn mouth and length would look disproportionate to the 12", 8" will be fine

Edited by Gonzo-4-bidden - 02 October 2012 at 10:23am
WANTED usb drivers, avc2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 10:34am
lol, sorry sounded a bit blunt, was gonna use a fibreglass 6"horn when i started this but never got a good enough finish, for the week it took to make a fibreglass horn, i made these 2 wooden horns in a day, and i chose the 8 over the 6 because i preffered it on paper, both the 12" and 8" (off the top of my head) are 98db1w1m 200 watt drivers so very well suited, (i guess)
WANTED usb drivers, avc2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 7:21pm
not gonna link to ebay.de but what do you think of faital pro hf104
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
AndyWave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 7:55pm
By the graphs Faital seems pretty good and has good reputation in my book, not that I have actually listened FH104 on purpose...

What about BMS4540ND? Smaller overall diameter (and it should include the thread to flange adapter in package)

-A
torturing electrons since ......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>