Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Rigs/ Rig Progress/ New Builds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:49pm
waste of wood
4 ohms is for wimps
neilpoints View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilpoints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:51pm
W-bins are out-dated kick-bins. ES18, USB, or maybe some kind of straight horn for kick?
former Eurovision contestant
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:34am
Originally posted by neilpoints neilpoints wrote:

W-bins are out-dated kick-bins. ES18, USB, or maybe some kind of straight horn for kick?

Outdated eh? Not heard the NCA RGW112 then?
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by neilpoints neilpoints wrote:

Outdated eh? Not heard the NCA RGW112 then?

Ever the pedant! Wink

Pretty sure the op isn't going to build anything as fancy, probably something fane'esq from 1972
http://soundcloud.com/judas-beast
OriginalBreakzJunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalBreakzJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:03am
think there rhino horns fella,, i know someone thats got 4 up for grabs right now if your intrested?
Keep the positive vibe alive!    

charlieb999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlieb999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:23am
I'm further amused is this a site where "the blind lead the blind" oops meant to say "deaf" strange ideas not too clear is it common practice to use to different systems on the same bandwidth???? "Sound SYSTEM" should be self explainitory!!!! its not "Sound unsystematic" shudder to think what some of these  rig sound like. seems to be all about just moving air it all seems a bit "pick'n'mix" by the looks of things LOL!!!  or is it more like hit n miss!!! is there any real education here or just a lot of my "dick" is bigger than your "dick"?
 mind you came across a lot  of this sort of nonsense when we had some fun dabbling with the free party scene back in the 90's oh different amps cabs horns & processing just a general mish mash of noise which I can very easily define HORRIBLE!!!! seems more concern is paid to its performance in regard to it looks like it sounds good.... oh "good" wrong term I have after many years in pro & domestic audio markets realised there are some really "deaf" people  who have"Rigs" out there. it used to be quite bad before but the "rave" or "house" scene  has much to answer for.  like the guy I met that had a reggae sound told me the "holes" on his cabs were to quote "let the air in & out" I laughed so loud he got offended!!!  so funny you people really  no I mean it really sometimes the "Rig" guys have me creasing up  
charlieb999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlieb999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:41am
4 ohms for wimps interesting conjecture.... but 2 ohms is for "real" men or just a fraction according to ohms law just a notch up from a virtual short circuit!!!  its just as bad as designing drivers that can handle say a 1000w the point of that is.... when they have such reduced efficiency they need to be driven so hard to allow for the loss in sensitivity  but then most are impressed by how many watts a driver will handle almost as bad as judging a systems performance by such as a "10K rig" "20K rig" its bullshit means nothing more than how much power it is wasting mostly  I once back in 93 covered the whole of Hornimans Pleasance Notting hill carnival with less than 15k and it was creating vision distortion at 60 metres when I went into the crowd to check it out at ther behest of a crew member we had mr Kenny ken playing it still produced people who would ask "How many K is it?" totally irrelevant.  think this industry need to pay more attention to science ie Physics and less to fashion or "The flavour of the month"   so to sum up 2 ohms is only for urgent emergency make do not a load strategy!! 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:30am
Just out of curiosity, has the print on your number 1 key worn off?
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:14pm
I agree with the irrelevance of "10K" 20K" etc.
They even do that crap here in the states. 

As far as  
"designing drivers that can handle say a 1000w the point of that" Well your statement there lumps you into your other statement  "sure there must be some on here with good knowledge and/or experience but just hope I find them" ... idiocy.
Simple answer. Headroom.
2 drivers. Exact size. Exact efficiency. One 400 watts 91 db other 1000 watts 97 db. Which one are you going to choose? (taking cost out of the equation)

Stop being such a douche bag.
If you have something to contribute. Please do. Help educate the masses. Because that is the purpose of this site. If you purely just want to hate or be vindictive towards members or people within the industry please go elsewhere.
OllieMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OllieMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by charlieb999 charlieb999 wrote:

4 ohms for wimps interesting conjecture.... but 2 ohms is for "real" men or just a fraction according to ohms law just a notch up from a virtual short circuit!!!  its just as bad as designing drivers that can handle say a 1000w the point of that is.... when they have such reduced efficiency they need to be driven so hard to allow for the loss in sensitivity  but then most are impressed by how many watts a driver will handle almost as bad as judging a systems performance by such as a "10K rig" "20K rig" its bullshit means nothing more than how much power it is wasting mostly  I once back in 93 covered the whole of Hornimans Pleasance Notting hill carnival with less than 15k and it was creating vision distortion at 60 metres when I went into the crowd to check it out at ther behest of a crew member we had mr Kenny ken playing it still produced people who would ask "How many K is it?" totally irrelevant.  think this industry need to pay more attention to science ie Physics and less to fashion or "The flavour of the month"   so to sum up 2 ohms is only for urgent emergency make do not a load strategy!! 

New member, already being pretty rude. Way to make friend and influence people! Example of someone who has all the "tech speak" but is not actually helpfull in any way!
DOJO MEDIA.

PA HIRE/ RECORDING STUDIOS/ BACKLINE HIRE.
torch1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torch1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:22pm
Not sure if this thread has a 'point' anymore, but if it was originally for sketch ups of new projects then:

OllieMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OllieMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by torch1 torch1 wrote:

Not sure if this thread has a 'point' anymore, but if it was originally for sketch ups of new projects then:

This looks nice, please do tell what is it?
DOJO MEDIA.

PA HIRE/ RECORDING STUDIOS/ BACKLINE HIRE.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>