Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

opinion on 1 MT122 + 4 HD15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by 1ManSoundsystem 1ManSoundsystem wrote:

CP800TI vs 750TI: the 800 doesnt look too good over 10 khz, yep.
im not on a budget, would you recommend exchanging them for 750s, or hitting it with the EQ at ~15khz and ~17khz ?

You will blow CP750TI, trying to get plenty 15-7khz out of them

If budget not an issue,  look at Beyma CP750Nd, with flattening eq between 8-14khz, will be solid upto 16khz, especially in multiples.

Edited by levyte357- - 15 August 2022 at 2:12pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 5:08pm
For the space reasons you suggested plus crowd of 9 people just take the 4 hd15s. And put u with the no sub bass. Ive hornloaded 4 es18s a few times without subs and yes it produced a decent enough level of bass for the type of function it didnt have any decent sub whatsoever. If you know the music you are playing and have played it through decent subs you will no whats missing. But for your proposed function id just crack on. Id rather the 1 hog 1 hd15 and 1 midhi combination
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
JulianDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulianDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by 1ManSoundsystem 1ManSoundsystem wrote:

damn......

crowd is 9 people. this is a paintballevent and we play for ourselves at campground,
maybe growing some people in the night. no crowd, no audience etc.
this the first time i can play the HD15 outside, so thats why i chose them over a 2.1 pa.
and bcuz i love horns.

i could add a hog or more HD15 but that wont make sense, bcuz our transporter has to carry a shitload of pb-equipment for 3 people and people want to chat in the evenings or in between. so just a slightly bigger festival-rack at the campground.

my question was all about, if the 4x HD15 can bring up a reasonable amount of bass or if it sounds
weird bcuz of a lack of subbass. now i got a first impressions and thats cool.

CP800TI vs 750TI: the 800 doesnt look too good over 10 khz, yep.
im not on a budget, would you recommend exchanging them for 750s, or hitting it with the EQ at ~15khz and ~17khz ?

i got 4 MT122s so that means exchange 4 CPs.

which kickbins would be better for that purpose of solely kickbass? my descision to build these was
bcuz i listened to them live and was blown away by that combo (4 hogs and 4 HD15, couldnt get to know which drivers they have been loaded with)

I think 4 HD15 is more than enough for 9 people :D when we first build our 6 HD15 we used them for an outdoor techno/psytrance party with 50-100 people and where really suprised at how nice it sounded despite the measurements saying that it would lack in bass... i mean you won't get trouser flapping lows, but i think you will be happy with it. Maybe use a lowcut (24dB Butterworth) around 40-45Hz and push 50-55Hz (maybe +4-6dB) with an EQ and you will be fine :)

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 5:50pm
 I once heard a dude say, "I Have 2x ears, so need sound from 2x stacks" !!!

WackoLOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
1ManSoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManSoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 6:19pm
thats true, haha. but since transporter space is limited, the 4 hd 15 + 1 mt122 iss all we can fit into it with all the other stuff like pavillon, tents + peripherals, beercrates, fridge, chairs, pb-equip etc.
yeah, 1 hog would kick ass, but since this is not even a music-festival, late-night activities are limited to
some drunkards singing karaoke and vomit in the bushes. 1 hog in addition would be only considered, if feedback here would have shown that hd15 are in no way capable of any bass at all. we had them playing inside a few times, and they blew out some serious sound together with hogs. but as some said, outside is a totally different thing.

levyte357: i was talking about equalizing that weird range from 15khz-17khz of the beyma cp800ti
i really dont wanna blow any of my beloved speakers - they too expensive :/

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 7:09pm
Yes - sometimes the recommendations here are a bit OTT and more directed at large parties & Big Bottom Nutters!

LOL LOL LOL

And down here, some of the systems you see at the attractions at the fiestas can be ridiculous - also OTT overkill.

Which is why I loved these:-

More than adequate for the job they needed to do.  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by JulianDA JulianDA wrote:

. Maybe use a lowcut (24dB Butterworth) around 40-45Hz and push 50-55Hz (maybe +4-6dB) with an EQ and you will be fine :)

+1 Clap  

Mono stacked two wide two high will do. I did it many times, outdoor, no problems. 

70-80% of the music you will not be missing anything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManSoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 10:39pm
awesome, thx for your feedback!

Edited by 1ManSoundsystem - 15 August 2022 at 10:39pm
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2022 at 11:53pm
If your wanting small format 15”, I had 4 then 8 HD’s 15 years ago and now absolutely love my THAM 15 cabs, they aren’t mega loud but they sound really nice and work with pretty well any music style I put through them.
blah blah blah blah blah......
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 9:43pm
not sure about that... my 4 HD15's didn't do so much with a pair of 218s

that could be because they had fane sovs in them
or they were being measured agains 2 218s

hmm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManSoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 11:35pm
i finally had to rearrange the setup to 1 hog, 2 hd15 and 1 MT122.
not bcuz erratic brain, but some dudes requested the hog, they could
remember this foe from 2y back when we had our partyroom and did some 12cm concretewall
cracking with 2 hogs 4 hd15 and some other wildly assembled stuff at full volume.
so they voted for having a hog at the location. at least the question if there is enough bass is gone now. if you interested, i make some videos when all is up and go. i do some funky lighting stuff too, bcuz building cabs and doing lighting/laser/uv-deco are my hobbies 

and if you want to join us, we at poland, brozek, scenario big game paintball event, if by any circumstances u be there, come over and have a drink with us (u hear/see us) Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12