Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paraflex in reggae

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Maze Maze wrote:

Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

I only mentioned scoops in some discussion on MMJ facebook and got banned , was a relief LOL

Was not my experience at all going into the FB group looking for a kick to put over my scoop at the time. There's quite a dissonance between these type of comments here on sp and my own experience on their site. I get that they don't allow people to critizise their designs

But that you can't even mention other designs on there..?

Lot's of people come on there like I did to find tops, kicks, or subs to combine with whatever other stuff they have or are planning to build. And I know a lot of the members there have lots of love for scoops

By ALL means, you can discuss other designs, if you plan to put paraflex IN your rig.

But, ask for info, graphs, testing, measurements or comparison, then the salt starts.

Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 9:34am
Originally posted by JamesH JamesH wrote:

I only mentioned scoops in some discussion on MMJ facebook and got banned , was a relief LOL

Was not my experience at all going into the FB group looking for a kick to put over my scoop at the time. There's quite a dissonance between these type of comments here on sp and my own experience on their site. I get that they don't allow people to critizise their designs

Lot's of people come on there like I did to find tops, kicks, or subs to combine with whatever other stuff they have or are planning to build. And I know a lot of the members there have lots of love for scoops

By ALL means, you can discuss other designs, if you plan to put paraflex IN your rig.

But, ask for info, graphs, testing, measurements or comparison, then the salt starts.

If you ask a question here about a scoop in the general forum it gets moved to scoop forum where it belongs, same principle. I don't see how the Paraflex site own it to anyone to deliver anything, you can use what the website has to offer or leave it alone. Simple ting.

Edited by Maze - 11 February 2023 at 9:36am
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 10:51am

Originally posted by JamesH JamesH wrote:

If you ask a question here about a scoop in the general forum it gets moved to scoop forum where it belongs, same principle. I don't see how the Paraflex site own it to anyone to deliver anything, you can use what the website has to offer or leave it alone. Simple ting.

yet, in a PARAFLEX page, you ask how a PARAFLEX performs at all (ie, measurement, testing), or how it performs compared to another,m and you get shit for it.. which is WHAT I SAID.     also, ask for test or measurements on the scoop forum, you GET them.. ask for the same on paraflex, you get MS Paint drawings and a lack of cohesive results etc.

for the record, you know we have all SEEN the page mate, so telling us 2its not like that" is pointless

Edited by BigSoundNorthWest - 11 February 2023 at 10:52am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 10:56am
"I don't see how the Paraflex site own it to anyone to deliver anything"

ok, so if i say:

"i own the loudest speaker box on the planet......." or some such BS, then:

by YOUR logic, i now owe nothing proofwise to ANYONE to have to back my claim.........?? exactly.

nope. same with paraflex, all folk are asking for is proof...... 

also:

"I get that they don't allow people to critizise their designs"

seriously mate, you feel that THIS is the way to promote your box design, by allowing NO ONE to criticize? lol... my god, what kinda backwards ass thinking is that?

Edited by BigSoundNorthWest - 11 February 2023 at 11:00am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 11:02am

ok, so if i say:

by YOUR logic, i now owe nothing proofwise to ANYONE to have to back my claim.........?? exactly.

also:

"I get that they don't allow people to critizise their designs"

seriously mate, you feel that THIS is the way to promote your box design, by allowing NO ONE to criticize? lol... my god, what kinda backwards ass thinking is that?
not to mention, you have just said:

"Was not my experience at all"

so which is it? you CAN critique, as you said? or "its not your experience"?????? as you also say.    LOLLOL

Edited by BigSoundNorthWest - 11 February 2023 at 11:05am
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 11:04am
Originally posted by BigSoundNorthWest BigSoundNorthWest wrote:

ok, so if i say:

No. Hyping your thing is one thing or sharing your excitement for something is OK by me, but to put forward false claims is another. But have such false claims been made? Please link then, cuz I've just not seen that, but I could have missed it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 11:10am
yes, youve definitely have.
and no i cant, (apart from the one below Wink as MMJ barred me for asking why the box design DOES NOT change, between 18 and 21" drivers...)

which BTW, is a MASSIVE RED FLAG as far as box design goes..
but whilst we're here, check THAT "fact" for a start as evidence of the BS...
PLENTY claims that box size doesnt need changing for a 3inch driver diameter change....
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 12:42pm
I've responded to specific statements that I think grossly exagerates. Like if you say "scoop" on the site it's an automatic ban. It's those kind of statements that I find ridiculous.

I think speakerplans is sufficient a forum for scrutinizing the designs. I personally don't think the Paraflex website has to constantly answer every naysayers questions. If they did fine, if they don't also fine (by me). We have right here to discuss the desings. But then let's also not make false claims here either, and be specific of what exactly incorrect information they have passed on.

Scoops is an interesting example because even though they perform poorly on paper and is an outdated design in many peoples opinion, they are still a popular design.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 3:03pm

Scoops is an interesting example because even though they perform poorly on paper and is an outdated design in many peoples opinion, they are still a popular design.

wot paper is that ? the sunday sport LOL 

king of the dancehall Nuke 
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

wot paper is that ? the sunday sport LOL 

king of the dancehall Nuke 

Hope so, i still plan to build more some day. I want scoops to be best because they look best.

Edited by Maze - 11 February 2023 at 3:49pm
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 3:47pm

Edited by Maze - 11 February 2023 at 3:48pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2023 at 5:05pm

Originally posted by BigSoundNorthWest BigSoundNorthWest wrote:

ok, so if i say:

No. Hyping your thing is one thing or sharing your excitement for something is OK by me, but to put forward false claims is another. But have such false claims been made? Please link then, cuz I've just not seen that, but I could have missed it.

"The other benefit of this approach (assuming the HTR and LTR are phase coherent) is that the group delay profile of these boxes far more consistent across their passband than tapped horn, bandpass and most reflex designs."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>