Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans available here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Member Banned!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 10:28pm
the punisher looks spot on.  I don't have the capabilities to cut things that complex, but im gonna pay someone to cut the wood so i can put them together on my own.  I think im gonna build two to start and get an amp.  I still have 4 x 12" monitors and an amp left in my system- even used i can sell them all along with the amp for more than initial investment since i got a deal on new ones years ago, but for now im just gonna build two punishers and buy an amp that can run 4 (for when i upgrade).  now to that amp... is there an amp out there that can run 4 punishers full blast?  if your answer is "not for under an outrageous ungodly price" then ill settle for an amp that can power two punishers at a time bridged.  thanks for your help -matt

*edit* id like to see the expensive amp option too even if i cant afford it, as i wont have parties until summer and have time to make more money over a few months, thanks!

Edited by robotnation - 12 February 2008 at 10:32pm
robotnation View Drop Down

Member Banned!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 11:02pm
also- just how loud is the punisher compared to a sub built around an 18" driver?  if i reach peak exertion on punisher, how will it compare to peak on an 1850?  from my math, an 18 inch driver can move 2.6 times as much air, maybe 1.66 if you acount for the huge xmax of ciare...  is the punisher a good long term investment?

*double edit* i just realized i meant to post this stuff in my own thread where i was asking about what horns are best- i phail.  sorry bout that.

Edited by robotnation - 12 February 2008 at 11:04pm
Dj Maca Roots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj Maca Roots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by IAIN RENDLE IAIN RENDLE wrote:

you need Auto CAD 2005 to open them

its a bit expensive to buy!!!! so thats why they made bit torrent

Just opened with eDrwaings it's a free application to open up .dxf files works with Mac or PC
You can find it here:
http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/

Can't Stop Jah Music
Lawaaiige buur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawaaiige buur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 12:23pm
Last weekend i did a little test: On the back of the panels i made 2 shelves of 18mm ply, 10 x 47 cm, at the places where the magnets are located in the speaker, because i feld the 15mm backpanel was too thin for the job. I had 2 x-tro's with and 2 without the shelves.
At the party the soundpressure was much higher at the side with the shelves, so i'm going to make them on the other two also.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 7:07pm
interesting

can you point where exactly have you put the reinforcements on the plans?
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2008 at 3:28pm
I think the angle marked 35 degrees on the bottom left view of the x-tro plan (file name xtroii_bouwtekening.jpg) is actually 34 degrees... I hope so else I'm about to cut it wrongConfused
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2008 at 7:28pm
Hello Darkmatter,

Well spotted, when I remeasure the original ACAD drawing this angle is indeed 34 degrees, I have no idea how it is possible that 35 appeared ...???

Best regards,

Walt
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 1:58pm
On the plus side it's forced me to improve my poor trigonometry skills, so it's a good thing really!

Thanks for the brilliant designs by the way, I'm not actually building the xtro but I'm borrowing the 8" horn section and trying out a dual 8" MTM cab based on thatSmile

I'm hoping this will reinforce LF response slightly, allowing me to cross to 15" kick horns slightly lower. My grasp of the theory isn't great though, so I'll have to get some plots done once they're built to see whether it's worked.
despoiler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote despoiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:58pm
what 15" drivers are best for the xtro cab when using it mainly as the mid/high part of a rig? I'm looking to build 4 cabs to run on an amp that I've been reccomended that will run all 4 cabs at 1500w/4ohms ( I think thats right anyway, xtros are generally 4ohms aint they? if they are 8ohm cabs that's what the amp runs at, still need to clarify that.lol,  )  but want them to sound right when used as full range cabs as well.
shadow1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 7:32pm
Xtro plans please !
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 8:29pm
Plans on first page?
shadow1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 9:14pm
The links dead !
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>