Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft T series, any feedback yet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 9:38am
Has anybody seen what is inside the box of T series?
Some guys on prosoundweb rumorued that it is based on older (and pretty poor performance) install amp,
just in improved skin and added few bits...

Let us see what is under the hood!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 10:43am
Viktor, it is a touring variant of Duecanali and Quatrocanali. And that is no secret.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 11:15am
Odds offered on the phrase "its not as good as a pkn" or general bashing  just dropped dramatically. 

I'll still offer 2/1 on  rambling ancedote about a mystery amp that might be available in 3 years though. 
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 5:01pm
Never saw or heard those.

I think we should stick on the scientific way, let us see what is inside!
Until not see I would not have a word on it.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 5:12pm
Something like this

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

Never saw or heard those.

I think we should stick on the scientific way, let us see what is inside!
Until not see I would not have a word on it.
Theres nothing scientific about "having a look" science is base on measurement, logging and measuring again.

All looking does is give you an educated GUESS. Guess being the bold word here.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

Odds offered on the phrase "its not as good as a pkn" or general bashing  just dropped dramatically. 

I'll still offer 2/1 on  rambling ancedote about a mystery amp that might be available in 3 years though. 
I'll take even money on the "unicorn amp 10000" 

Only viktor has seen one and they are out there somewhere... just no one else has ever seen one...
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
logsquared1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logsquared1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 6:03pm
I'm not gonna pop mine open because they have warranty stickers on the screws.  Not sure how powersoft would handle a claim if they are removed.

By nature I'm a very curious person and really want to see inside.  However, In this case I really don't care.  The amps work as advertised and sound good to my ears.  As long as they turn out to be reliable I will be buying more.  I don't really care how many caps or fets are inside.  They drive speakers to the levels I need.  Am I going to do a dubstep show with 16 subs off one amp?  NO, that would be stupid.  The DSP, networking, and front panel display are all a win for me.  
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 6:29pm
Marjan: It can not be that inside, that pictured amp is a sub Kilowatt category only.

Here is the picture of well known K8/K10 from Powersoft:
Technology has not invented such a big step in the last ~10 years that you would be eliminate 80% of the caps without ruining performance..
I afraid that Powersoft has invented some type of "new standards" to declare power levels :-D
Where I have seen before? Have not called it like "the chinese way"

What I see on Marjan's picture is:
+ DSP
- AMPLIFIER

Edited by U.Viktor - 08 March 2019 at 6:30pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 6:50pm
viktor gets a lot of shit on here, but really he talks about what he knows well and he doesn't talk about what he doesn't. some on here do talk a lot more shite.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

viktor gets a lot of shit on here, but really he talks about what he knows well and he doesn't talk about what he doesn't. some on here do talk a lot more shite.

He also talks incessantly about the best amps in the world that don’t exist, can’t be bought, and in practical, real world use can’t touch even a K10.

So yeah, heaps of salt to be taken.

The biggest user of PKN in the UK, with double digits of units, now uses Powersoft. After moving to LabGruppen. What does that say?

You ever notice how Powersoft announce an amp when it’s available to buy?

The proof as they say is in the pudding. The amp does peak voltage but of course it won’t do sine waves all night at 30Hz. But then, that is maybe a fraction of a percent of music content anyway.

Edited by toastyghost - 08 March 2019 at 9:05pm
Shelfstacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelfstacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 11:08am
Ah good. Viktor.  Relied upon to bring his unbiased, real world opinions to the masses.

As to answering the OP - yes, the T604 are great.  We're about to order a further 5 for this years summer busy period.  We're in the process of getting rid of everything else and standardising on X8 Dante and T604. 

I wouldn't take a T6 on a big boy show on FOH, but for the sub 500 cap rooms, fills, mons and general flexibility they are awesome.  Next gen in all aspects to everything else I've seen or heard, good value, reliable, great warranty and very portable.

Shame the're not OEM on D&B and L'Acoustics, they beat the pants off their offerings. 
If you are at the circus and being attacked by clowns - go for the juggler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>