Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show Me Your HF Horn Boxes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 9:28am
I bet that was hard work stacking those W bins that high, did you use a forklift?!?!
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 9:48am
The Concert System and the Q system were designed more or less side by side. The Q system in the Photo was done just as a smaller alternative. The time for all of this was at the beginning of the '80's. 
Regarding weight, those bass cabs, which are 1x15's, weren't so bad, speakers were a little lighter, and we were a lot younger.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 10:13am
tony, were those drums all full of paint?
me so horny, me love you long throw.
AJordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 1:41pm
Looks like drums of resin to me.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by AJordan AJordan wrote:

does a drum of resin look different to a drum of paint? or a drum of diesel? or indeed a drum of cheap contaminated domestic italian wine?
me so horny, me love you long throw.
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

does a drum of resin look different to a drum of paint? or a drum of diesel? or indeed a drum of cheap contaminated domestic italian wine?
yes the wine barrels would blow over in the wind as they would be empty LOL
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
AJordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

LOL  probably not.

was just thinking of liquid materials Tony would probably have used when manufacturing and I thought resin or paint. I used to work in a factory that also used lots of resin and paint and the resin always came in those sized drums, paint much smaller drums. Handling and decanting the two products was quite different.

Although maybe Tony worked next door to a cheap Italian wine importer.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by boab boab wrote:

nice riggingWink. Although i guess it weights little, does the threaded rod go all the way through, or is it independant top and bottom. Should really replace the nylon chord with steel chain/cable and shackles wouldnt fancy a mirrorball to the head!

Lovely looking finish on the box though, wonder how much difference countersinking the driver flange into the baffle would make to fully minimise diffraction?

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 7:36pm
I can confirm they were polyester resin drums. When empty, we used them to transport our off cuts to a farm to be burnt.
noiseboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noiseboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Very sexy.  If they sound as good as they look.  Top Notch!

www.ctaudiovisual.co.uk
www.cornucopiafestival.co.uk
boab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

Originally posted by boab boab wrote:

nice riggingWink. Although i guess it weights little, does the threaded rod go all the way through, or is it independant top and bottom. Should really replace the nylon chord with steel chain/cable and shackles wouldnt fancy a mirrorball to the head!

Hawk-eye!
As you can probably guess it was just strung up in the Studio/testing area for a quick listen/ photo in reality it is put up with steel wire + 2nd safety on M8 welded eyebolts and it weighs a grand total of weight for it.... 6.3 Kg ex mirror ball

Lovely looking finish on the box though, wonder how much difference countersinking the driver flange into the baffle would make to fully minimise diffraction?

I usually mount them flush for hifi cabs, but when there is a club full of people and 4 stacks of B&C 1" HF all around I would be suprised if you heard the difference. Its really just to pull the image up a bit and give it a heightened sound. I usually set it so that if you can hear it its too loud. It should just lift things a bit.

www.facebook.com/WeEnjoySound

best Boab

Edited by boab - 13 January 2012 at 9:46pm
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2012 at 12:13am
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/dscf0019sr.jpg/

Those barrels are full of bodies of individuals who reversed engineered Tony's cabs and posted the plans online.LOL
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>