Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show Me Your HF Horn Boxes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venny14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Teunos Teunos wrote:

What trailing cable did you use for making the Speakon loom?
Because thats how I like to do things, Thats why.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by razorray razorray wrote:

That made I laugh that did, fair doos...Clap
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 2:03pm
@Timebomb, yes that is a piece of foam. I made the picture when i was cleaning the workshop/storage as it has gotten very dusty from the sanding of some cabs. The foam is there to keep out dustWink.

the speakon loom is a 8x2.5 tasker cable from NL8 to a split box. The split box is set up channels like this : A, A, B, B, C, D, A+B, C+D where A,B,C,D denote the channels from the amps. It lets me use 4 different channels or either use 2 biamped cabs, such as the MH212 and the HF horn boxes that house the 4590's. The tails from the splitbox to the cabs are PVC jackets 4x2.5.
I also have 2 separate split boxes with an NL8 chassis in, instead of a fixed cable.

Edited by Teunos - 16 February 2014 at 2:04pm
Best regards,
Teun.
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2014 at 10:04am
So I started this post four years ago, only just got round to getting the top boxes done but here they are.

all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2014 at 10:17am
Did you grow the trees for the box yourself these past 4 years? Wink

Better late than never mate!
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2014 at 10:21am
Rome wasn't built in a day! I got side tracked and built monitors bass cabs upgraded the lighting and amp rack in the interim. ha!
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by razorray razorray wrote:

Tony.. With this much power it must be passive.. Come on.. (ps) the prototype might look slightly different. I realized I need some 25mm bracing on the front and back and I might add some more depth to the box so it will throw more.

Then you should also change the handle on the top, because these spring type handles can break off quickly when the box is too heavy.
Audio_Stash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_Stash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 9:56pm
P.Audio horns with a Beyma CD. 1" bolt on.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 2:17am
Which horn is that? Trying to get a sense of scale
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by bitSmasher bitSmasher wrote:

Which horn is that? Trying to get a sense of scale

Mounting hole pattern, and scale relative to the handles make it look a whole lot like the PH-4220.

Audio_Stash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_Stash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 1:04pm
Correct ph4220
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 9:22pm
Exactly what I thought, the PH4220 is apparently a copy of a Beyma TD250

I'm looking to buy a few of those horns on clearout special ($15 here!), how low do you cross them and how do they sound?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>