Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

----Show Off Your Heftiest Woofer-----

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 9:13pm
a mod or the OP should rename this thread "-=SHOW OFF YOUR DRIVERS=-" and just keep the pics comin'guys......
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by asaa00 asaa00 wrote:

a mod or the OP should rename this thread "-=SHOW OFF YOUR DRIVERS=-" and just keep the pics comin'guys......

fixed.  would be nice to see shots showing off the mechanics of all the main drivers.
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
RosscoPico View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosscoPico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 9:35pm

Massive Audio subs look good (for car subs) IMO:

.:ELEMENT 5 SYSTEMS:.
djshaney View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djshaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 9:50pm
why do all car audio companies have such cheesy names LOL
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 10:26pm
CV-Stroker Pro 12"!

Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 10:29pm

Big woofer

Edited by Sinfinity - 17 June 2010 at 10:30pm
Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 10:38pm
Hug EPIC!!
Posted Image
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
asaa00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by rich_gale rich_gale wrote:

Originally posted by asaa00 asaa00 wrote:

fixed.  would be nice to see shots showing off the mechanics of all the main drivers.

hahahaha good woofer pooClap

Edited by asaa00 - 17 June 2010 at 11:16pm
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 7:43am
Originally posted by JR.junior JR.junior wrote:

Hug EPIC!!
Posted Image

i just died.Clap
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
Oscar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 9:33pm
so when it says "show off YOUR heftiest woofer", shouldn't it be woofers that people actually own, instead of just showcasing what people can find on the internet? Smile
Oscar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2010 at 4:01am
Originally posted by rich_gale rich_gale wrote:

hey oscar.  please can you check something for me..

if you unscrew the three allen head bolts on the back plate of your blown stroker 18, does it allow you to remove the back plate?  or is it glued?

i have another stroker with some rust buildup in the vc gap and i want to see if its possible to get at the vc gap to clean it up without a full reconing

good question.....I have not been able to check that since my tiny allen wrenches will not allow enough leverage to loosen those bolts.....what's preventing you from checking yours?
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2010 at 9:42am
i dont want to go losening them and ruining the coil of a woofer that might not need a recone.  if i can get to it easy i can clean and vacuum out the vc gap from the back.  otherwise i think i might open up the central spindle hole (in the center of the front spider) a bit with a scalpel and get a thin vacuum nozzle in there while running a 20hz signal free air.  i will make the hole in the front spider small enough so it is covered back up once the centering ring is screwed back in place.

its not a terrible rubbing noise from the rust, but enough to annoy me.  

any ideas before i go and order a recone kit? 

Edited by rich_gale - 19 June 2010 at 9:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>