Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signatures and company advertising

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 1:37am
Surely this just says who we are.

I think that if for example someone was to say where can i hire turbo aspect up north and i came along and said.  From ME, then that would be over the top. That's advertising and i don't think that's acceptable, The correct etiquette is to send a PM and maybe place "pm sent" in the thread.  However i think to have a simple company name and website adress in your signature is just telling people who you are. 

I've had my company name and web address in my signature aslong as i can remember, 2005 is when i joined.  So i'm not sure how things have got worse without people blatantly advertising, and that is not relevant to the signature.

I too agree that they should be short and sweet and not contain masses of pictures and stuff.

Rules are rules though so i will stick to them of course.

Rob
Rob Beech - Technical Director - Cnics Audio
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 12:21am
I have never spoken up on this topic becuase it is basically my livelyhood on the line so it makes me nervous!

I think we all know when people take the piss. This forum certainly isn't subjected to exploitation, and when it is people quickly get shot down. I think this is one of the most tollerant and well balanced discussion areas on the net. If a little paranoid!

I do make money via this site - but I think my clients are very glad they found me, I don't see what harm people offering services has on the forum. I bet if you offered a free for all little would change tbh - just look how dead FSP is and you can advertise all you want, it's hardly Tescos over there!

I enjoy posting pics of builds as I remember the pleasure I used to get seeing new projects pop up, infact I still do - regardless of who was building - so long as it wasn't in a sweat shop in India!

Am I still safe to do this as I'd like to and I think a few others would like me to?

I try to contribure to the forum as best I can. I think most members that advertises do, but those who don't - so what... does it really matter? Life goes on and this is still a very rich resource, no worse for a few gready buggers. That's just part of life.

thats my 5c worth Wink 
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 11:09am
I may be shot down in flames here....

What about having an area on this site that warrents just a monthly fee of a couple of quid to allow the 'up and coming' companies who are genuinely trying get going in this world to advertise their products and services.. everyone needs a chance in life!! ... this would be the cheapest advertising / marketing
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 1:49pm
Would never work Shaun as the tight fisted buggers(meant light heartedly of course) on here would always be trying to circumvent the rules to avoid paying fees so you would probably end up with a few honest members willingly paying their fees but getting angry with the ones that would not pay---It would probably cause more arguments than it would solve.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by simo69 simo69 wrote:

I may be shot down in flames here....

What about having an area on this site that warrents just a monthly fee of a couple of quid to allow the 'up and coming' companies who are genuinely trying get going in this world to advertise their products and services.. everyone needs a chance in life!! ... this would be the cheapest advertising / marketing

It's free and easy enough, to just make an announcement through the un-moderated area.

"Hi I'm so & so I'm doing this and its going to do that and cost this. Heres my verifiable supporting data.  Any questions please contact me via pm or the website/email details can be found on my members profile page"

Any future developments can be added to the same thread.  

nuff said.

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 3:07pm
... consider me shot..!!LOL
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 3:15pm
why is it when I send a private message to Robbo I get the message in my in box??
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 2:57pm
good idea i think, one side of the forum is im liking how the 'professional' side is growing, however this place was always for the freeparty type scene and the little man trying to make some nice noise. oh well, happy days :)
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
nomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 8:55pm
the problem is,the average wide boy with a pile of funktion one is not really interested in plans
tallmike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:47am
ha, he spammed but got the URL wrong. Funny
gwarntek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwarntek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 3:17pm
i thought spamming people got deleted?? but i spose its not spamming when it doesnt work... hahaha peace
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 10:38pm
Anyone noticed the incroaching flash banners and the like. It hurts my eyes Ouch

nah it's just me - think they must have been etched into my retonas from SJTongue

Edited by tomschute - 25 February 2009 at 9:39pm
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>