Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summoning Punisher owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 1:18am
38 (42 if Animal Dan does another four) so far then, in-progress builds allowing!

I may well have another 4 myself by then too. What about ceharden, he's just got 4 and all summer to finish them should be enough? There was someone in Sc**thorpe with 8 as well wasn't there?

Reckon we can get enough for Walt to come over to experience it?
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 8:53am
I will indeed have four sometime in the near future and Owain has another two so that's six between us we can provide.

I'm thinking a stack of that many Punishers in one pile could have some issues, mainly to do with the width of the stack being comparable to the wavelengths involved thus causing some phasing issues.  Might need to think carefully about how we stack them.

Given how power hungry they are too, we'd need some serious mains to make sure it can keep up with demand.  We'll probably need a full 63A 3phase supply just for the Punishers!

biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 9:02am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Sc**thorpe

this particular use of the built in censor allways has me in stitches
VPAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 11:33am
ceharden, you raise a good point there. i think it will enevitably come back on which amps are used as it is possible to get amps with a very low current draw, for example the crown xti's
http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/139921.pdf
n^2 modulo -P = number wang
tommysb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommysb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 12:06pm
What happens when the width of the stack is comparable to the wavelengths?

How does this phasing occur?

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by VPAS VPAS wrote:

ceharden, you raise a good point there. i think it will enevitably come back on which amps are used as it is possible to get amps with a very low current draw, for example the crown xti's
http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/139921.pdf

This is why I'd ideally like to get some nice company to offer us a demo of shiny new amps.
VPAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 12:16pm
good plan.....but who?
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by tommysb tommysb wrote:

What happens when the width of the stack is comparable to the wavelengths?

How does this phasing occur?

if your going to use that many i would say using them end to end
like the double 15 hd rather than on there sides as recommended by Walt
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by VPAS VPAS wrote:

good plan.....but who?

Would be nice to hear them all hanging off Infi 8 MKII's!

Is this gonna be where I think it is Toasty?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 12:46pm
Hopefully it'll be in Lakota. There's enough willing people to pitch the idea now, not sure on dates because it depends when after summer they decide to start up again.

I'll call the relevant people tonight and see what they say, anyone want to work on talking to Void about loaning a rack or three full of Infinites? They should have made enough by then!
karpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

if your going to use that many i would say using them end to end
like the double 15 hd rather than on there sides as recommended by Walt

haha.. there's a convo going on currently on SJ with it being suggested they couple better to the floor stacked vertically (2-3 high), with the side to the floor

I'd always agreed with you personally that they'd be better as one wide horn, rather than having the "muddy" spots where stacks are next to each other
VPAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 5:47pm
i think this is just realting to numbers of say 50 punishers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>