Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TDA MT121 vs Original MT121

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 10:56pm
the higher end cut off is 0.3khz less on the tda version...... than the original one..... and 3db down at the same point...

i.e. the original flare is 111.75db at 1.48khz
      the tda version is   109.8db   at  1.48khz

when u add and minus eq on the original to get a flat responce you can get it fairly flat at 110db before it drops off at 1.75khz

when u add and minus eq on the tda version you get a flat response up to 1.48khz......

hope this helps guys.....

Edited by bee - 20 December 2011 at 11:03pm
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

when u add and minus eq on the original to get a flat responce you can get it fairly flat at 110db before it drops off at 1.75khz

shhhhhhhhhhhhh
F.T.S.S.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:20pm
lol.... ok....

i say just buy a better comp......

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by SBC SBC wrote:

shhhhhhhhhhhhh

OK, another one for the "Confidential file"  eh Saul..

LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:51am
1.4 and 1.7Khz?????? What the f**ck are you doing. That box should be cut at 1KHz at most.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:22am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

shhhhhhhhhhhhh

OK, another one for the "Confidential file"  eh Saul..

LOL

i had made it clear, injunctions and sanctions had been issued. 

LOL

F.T.S.S.
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:25am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

1.4 and 1.7Khz?????? What the f**ck are you doing. That box should be cut at 1KHz at most.

chill out matey 

there's no reason people can't at least experiment with playing paper higher. 

e.g. i know people who have crossed their MX450 and 600s at 3.2khz quite successfully and it gives full and clear response, with no ridiculous beaming. 

edit: typo

Edited by SBC - 21 December 2011 at 8:38am
F.T.S.S.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:37am
I also had my x over point around that area when I had mts loaded with fane 12ls
Same as when I had my mx 600s and indeed the cabs I have.now,i.reg run near on 400 per driver without issues cut around 160-180 ish

Edited by paulus - 21 December 2011 at 8:58am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:28am

shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can you enlighten me on the +/- eq values and at what frequencies to get this flat response.

Thanks Steve
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:31am

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

chill out matey 

there's no reason people can't at least experiment with playing paper higher.

+1

Especially with the multitude of drivers, and differing eq/processing people have.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:52pm
ok the driver being used was the b&c 12ndl76, this driver does play higher than the pd123.......  

i was not running test with the 2" the test were purely on the 12" run as low as it could with no higher cross over. 

Marjan, may be you did not no, but using 1 12" causes a massive dip just over 1khz with the original driver set out by roger Mogal, when you use the 12" horn in the original cab i.e. 2 12" horns this gap is alot higher up, hence why it is not noticed with a 2" comp.....

If you plan to use the 12" horn and a 1" comp you could run into issues with the original driver choice, i.e. a dip in the sound just over 1khz. This dip is even worse with the tda version.....

this info is nothing new its been talked about before.... there is some sims done with differant drivers by a forum member.........

the question asked was is there any differance in sound between the original and tda version

in my view yes..... in my tests yes....... 

but with the right 12" driver and comp set with very carfull cross over settings, you should be fine.....

all i have done is built 1 normal mt12 horn and a tda version and run a few tests....... because its fun to play with speakers...............
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:57pm
should of said ideally you want to cross over the mt121 at about 1.2khz.......

at the last fsp speaker meet, a few people said are u sure....... but agreed they sounded better crossed this low, any higher and that dip becomes apparent.......  even after alot of eq....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>