Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things to do on a sunday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 10:47pm
love the bracing csg, aggresive aesthetics..  suite the punisher nicely.  I like the handles also... :)
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 11:29pm
cheers - thats 4 sheets of birch sitting there!

i think im going for this bin - seems to be a good 1 box bass solution with the community box on top
so, 11 more to build!

Edited by csg - 06 October 2008 at 11:30pm
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 11:52pm
4 sheets for one double Punisher?!?  Seems like a lot.

Have you considered alternative drivers? (not sure if I've said this before)  I had a play with some simulations when I owned some Punishers which suggested you could change the character of the cab by using some different drivers.  eg B&C 18TBX100 would give a flatter response, slightly more efficiency but slightly less output at the bottom end (limited by smaller x-max)

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 11:57pm
18tbx100? surely thats a typo???
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 12:14am
D'oh! Yeah, I mean 12TBX100.  Same motor, smaller cone.
Bespoke View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bespoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 12:59am

Is a lovely build Thumbs Up 

Had fun that day - Top man !
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 10:56am

Cheers Tim, good to see you too.

Chris - well, the basic twin plan comes out at exactly 3 sheets, but the end cheeks, and some aditional bracing inside uses another sheet. those end cheeks are 45mm thick!

In addition, this build is fully rebated which means that all the pannels other than the sides are 15mm wider than as shown on the plans. that adds up fast!

well, i know what you are saying regarding the drivers, but im a bit stubborn in this respect. the ciare driver is the only recommended driver in view of the designer, and is exceptionally well built, robust and cost effective.
the bottom end is also very important here as these are going to be used as subs, not with subs. im not prepaired to compromise on extention or low end output, so i think ill stick with the ciare

Edited by csg - 07 October 2008 at 5:18pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 1:28pm
You are aiming for 12 doubles?

Hohoooo i would like to hear that lot.

What damage do you think that pile can do?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 5:16pm
Im not aiming, it will happen - just been pricing up birch ply - 50 sheets of 15mm!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 5:26pm
Good luck then Smile
We will wait for the bull blast report.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 5:21pm
Cheers for posting pics, inspiring stuff.

Clearly designed after plenty of touring experience which is really useful for me to see having no experience myself :)
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 6:16pm
yep, i never seem to stop moving kit about, so how things handle and pack are important considerations
this has not turned out that light - approx 105kg, but its a simple and easy 1 man move with a sack truck, as the weight is distributed in a good way. I  think ill be able to get all 12 in my iveco, with mid highs, amps, cable and some lighting kit
think it might be slightly over weight though...

Ive had the bin running for a few days now, not at crazy volume, but its certainly bedding in the drivers, and sounding smoother and deeper. It sounds great with all kinds of music crossing at 105hz to the community sls920.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>