Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uni room sound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 4:41pm
SleepyWacko
Originally posted by jwdrain jwdrain wrote:

I was on Thompson road on Ecclesall road, but now Im in Leeds. Are you LSS system? That rig looks seeeeexy :) now ive got this rig... but yeah link up would be good!! :P

Please tell me that never went into your house and was switched on!! ConfusedWacko Very nice system though!!

Last year we had this in our living room for a number of days:

And later in the year my housemate ended up leaving 2 stasys X's and 2 Stasys 3's in his room for a month or so, never had the chance to switch it on though  OuchSleepyBroken Heart

Iv got two TXD115m's and two 12" ported horns designed by pfly spare for my front room this year, its a tiny little terrace house on a quiet street.... So far! 
Poll this!
jwdrain View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwdrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 9:24pm
Haha course no! Even the cubos were overkill to the max, we had em on about 1/8th of there power all year. Very nice full sound though! The rig above lives in my mums garage, and if she had her way, it wouldn't even live there!

I like the horns you just posted a picture of, they look very terra horn-esque!
sonofalesbian View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofalesbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 12:33am

this is my room at the moment - luckily im ground floor!
www.brotherhoodsoundsystem.co.uk
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by jwdrain jwdrain wrote:

I was on Thompson road on Ecclesall road, but now Im in Leeds. Are you LSS system? That rig looks seeeeexy :) now ive got this rig... but yeah link up would be good!! :P

Ah yeah I know Thompson road, not too far from me. New rigs lookin tough Thumbs Up

Cheers man yeah we're LSS, hopefully upgrading a few bits of the rig soon, I'm looking to buy some new amps etc.

We do nights in Leeds also, called 'Clarks' at Hifi, if you ever want to pop down give us a shout.
guitarplayerjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarplayerjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 5:10pm
Awesome setups guys, if only I had something in my halls! I didn't even bother to bring any studio monitors down either... Ouch
jwdrain View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwdrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 12:30am
Cheers man, I went to the last one - it was a good night! I queued up for an hour and a half to get into king earthquake too earlier this year but never got in:( gutted I missed that...

@sonofalesbian....I was wondering when I'd see you post on this thread haha
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 3:15pm
Ah man, shame, I would have sorted you a guestlist out if I had known!
 We should be getting another dub rig down to do our 6th Birthday in January at the same venue, I'll let you know closer to the time if you want to head down.
lukelucas93 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukelucas93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 3:22pm
..I wasn't going to take much of my gear to uni but now I'v seen these... you think they'd allow me to move in with 6 hogs 3 es18's and 3 mt122s ?
Noodles, Cabs and Booze - Student life
wayward91 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayward91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 8:13pm
my second year uni set up. nowt like most of the systems on here . more of a hi fi but still, its at uni with me ...

actively bi amped kef cresta 2's with a kef psw2000 sub ran from a ppx 300 as the internal amp went bang.
all inputs go through the teac dac on top (with a fixed output) and either straight into the crossover and i just use that as a pre/volume control . or i use the valve amp as a pre if im listening to anything seriously . at my desk iv got a nad integrated amp and some jbl control 1 pros :) .

img 1

img2

Edited by wayward91 - 05 November 2012 at 8:27pm
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 2:01am

I need to find a storage room so that I have finally space for a couch. Embarrassed
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 2:04am

And I can hardly get all the boxes from the front on one photo without a fisheye lens.
guitarplayerjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarplayerjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 6:03am
Very nice Ras Loud!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>