Topic ClosedWhen pro audio meets HiFi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by ArthurG ArthurG wrote:

Allbass,

I'm not sure if I understood your message. So to clarify, who are you calling a "chinese copycat" ? Me ?

I am not calling you anything, how can i judge? I don't know your factory and i never saw any of your cabs before this one. The remark was based on another post in another thread where someone called you a "typical Guangzhou" company building others designs.

I was trying to make a point here about flaming other peoples builds. This project looked original and well documented to me...
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by all bass all bass wrote:

Allbass,

I'm not sure if I understood your message. So to clarify, who are you calling a "chinese copycat" ? Me ?

I am not calling you anything, how can i judge? I don't know your factory and i never saw any of your cabs before this one. The remark was based on another post in another thread where someone called you a "typical Guangzhou" company building others designs.

I was trying to make a point here about flaming other peoples builds. This project looked original and well documented to me...
Thanks for the clarification Thumbs Up
As I said, if someone in China produces genuine pro audio speakers from his own R&D lab, it's me !
I tried to use the search engine of the forum + google to find who called me "typical Guangzhou" company without success. Do you have the link ?

Cheers,
Arthur
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 8:25pm
I see i referred to the city name instead of the province, but this is all beside the point really.

Edited by all bass - 03 January 2014 at 8:32pm
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 10:09pm

Regarding the remark of how bad is buying stuff from China and how we "are paying for the destruction of everyone on this planet", ask the Western companies that are the real responsible for the crappy Chinese products. For example, companies like Harman and EV ran a race to the bottom, asking their new friend Chinese suppliers to make rubbish speakers like the JRX series...
But I don't care, I feel out of concern because I don't sell cheap stuff. In fact, my prices are usually 30% higher than my competition. Not because I make more profit but because I use higher quality parts, I pay 30% more my workers than my competition, I give my workers free life insurance, a flat (one person per flat, not a dormitory with 6~12 people per room), I buy at fair prices from my suppliers and so on.
But more important, I don't play tricky games like selling the same stuff to competitors and my products are 100% original, all designed in house from scratch. 

Cheers,
--Arthur
I have a similar story that could get me into trouble, but who cares, I was in the wrong place at the right timeLOL

So I'm in a state of the art factory, far far away..........I see a bunch of CV cabinets being tested. Engineer says to me 'what do you think of this model, it's the original CV design' OK I says, sounds OK................'what do you think of our version of the same model that we are now offering them, because they want us to be their new manufacturer'.....wow! that's much better! and can you do it for them for the same price?.........'we can do it cheaper he says'....'but there is one problem he says.....problem is it sounds to good for themShocked Shocked

What do you mean?
They said it sounds to good for this model, we have to make it sound 'not so good'

Stern Smile
patryk1305 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

Regarding the remark of how bad is buying stuff from China and how we "are paying for the destruction of everyone on this planet", ask the Western companies that are the real responsible for the crappy Chinese products. For example, companies like Harman and EV ran a race to the bottom, asking their new friend Chinese suppliers to make rubbish speakers like the JRX series...
But I don't care, I feel out of concern because I don't sell cheap stuff. In fact, my prices are usually 30% higher than my competition. Not because I make more profit but because I use higher quality parts, I pay 30% more my workers than my competition, I give my workers free life insurance, a flat (one person per flat, not a dormitory with 6~12 people per room), I buy at fair prices from my suppliers and so on.
But more important, I don't play tricky games like selling the same stuff to competitors and my products are 100% original, all designed in house from scratch. 

Cheers,
--Arthur
I have a similar story that could get me into trouble, but who cares, I was in the wrong place at the right timeLOL

So I'm in a state of the art factory, far far away..........I see a bunch of CV cabinets being tested. Engineer says to me 'what do you think of this model, it's the original CV design' OK I says, sounds OK................'what do you think of our version of the same model that we are now offering them, because they want us to be their new manufacturer'.....wow! that's much better! and can you do it for them for the same price?.........'we can do it cheaper he says'....'but there is one problem he says.....problem is it sounds to good for themShocked Shocked

What do you mean?
They said it sounds to good for this model, we have to make it sound 'not so good'

Stern Smile

WOW. Geek

Edited by patryk1305 - 03 January 2014 at 10:20pm
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by SMP SMP wrote:

Grow up stop being childish telling me to play nicely or You will take Your Ball back.

Pot, kettle and black big time!!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
AJordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by GEB GEB wrote:

Grow up stop being childish telling me to play nicely or You will take Your Ball back.

Pot, kettle and black big time!!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Not quite sure how that applies! I may have missed something! Care to elaborate?
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 11:23pm
It'll come out in the open soon enough. I'm best off keeping my mouth shut on this one!
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 2:40am

I just having returned from a service callout to discover why some Monkee DJ wants to feed one of my stock 1210's Coca-Cola have no idea either
the quote he (GEB) paraphrases was an exchange between myself & Arthur G where I retorted the "Ball Statement" in regard to my critique of his Chinese Kit Amp he claimed he had circuit tweaked when it is not really possible to do much if any "Tweaking" of a preset Topology being a "Chip" with an added current stage of a handful of BJT power devices. sure you may set a bias, dc offset/null, gain program. but it's topology remains fixed by it's very nature & simplicity.

So have no idea I am never directly rude or offensive to anyone but will readily be critical or bluntly observant of nonsense or incorrect info. Arthur got rude when I merely enquired and asked him to quantify & qualify his his Superfluous statement of "Circuit Tweaking" when you really cannot do a any more than you can tweak a IC/Chip just by putting different components around it the topo remains the same so circuit is hardly tweaked as it is an internal thing

I hope this makes sense selecting preferred components for quality is hardly any drastic change
 merely good practice which one does anyway it does nothing to change it.

he got rude coz he is either feeling threatened in some way or an idiot but neither makes any difference to me others ignorance is their affair and water off a duck's back
SMP,

The point is, I'm not here to fight with people like you, but to share my experience and I try to help when I have time to do so. This is all what this forum is about and what I did here for already 10 years. I see no interest to escalate a useless fight, it will only deserve this overall nice place.

Now regarding, the tweaking of my small DIY amp project, everything you said is like coming from captain obvious. I clearly stated the topology, I said the circuit was very simple but time was spent on finding the right parts and contrary to what you said, it makes day and night difference. I invite anyone to try an off the shelve LME49810/49830 kit from China with let's say basic 2SA5200/1943 bipolar and standard caps to my own version with highly regarded Hitachi MOSFET and custom caps. The standard kit will sound lifeless/dull in comparison, it will sound more harsh, and will lack the details of my version. One of the reason is that LME49810/49830 can work with both bipolars and MOSFETs but the reproduction differs due to their silicon difference. LME also shows different THD and harmonic distortion numbers when working with bipolar or MOSFETs: Lower THD with bipolars but higher even harmonics, given the harsh reproduction with bipolar.

To finish, a real friendly advice, stop to act like a dick and maybe smart people will stop to ignore you. Think about it Ouch

Warm regards,
--Arthur

Edited by ArthurG - 04 January 2014 at 3:06am
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 2:57am
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

What do you mean?

Stern Smile
ahah so true Mickey Clap

2 years ago, I was invited by a business relation to meet with one Harman OEM factory who wanted to make their own speaker brand. They asked me to design a product for them, the project was interesting so I made a prototype and few weeks later I came back to them for a listening. In the room, many no name speakers, some JBLs produced by this factory and a bunch of SRX. My small 12" sounded much better than anything they had. The project manager was very embarrassed and after some talk in Chinese with the team came back to me like that: "sorry, your speaker is too good, can you make something that is not better than our customer product ?LOL
I told them it was already my entry level and I'm not interested to put my name in garbage Confused
Since, they moved on something else, an internal solution I think. But few months ago, I saw their products in a shop and asked for a demo. Man, they succeed in their goal of offering lower quality than JBL... and by a good margin LOL 
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 3:29am
enough is enough, moderators called

PS: SMP, please go back to school and learn to read, I did not call you a d*ck, I said you act like a d*ck. BIG difference.
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 5:30am
I think this discussion has lost its essence and now its about who's got a bigger d*ck. You guys , smp , arthur and mikey are professionals at what you do and to lash out at each other on this topic is not so professional.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>