Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which combo are the best?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swedishmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which combo are the best?
    Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:13pm
Question 1:
Which of the following stacks would you prefer:

4x X1 + 4x Hd15 + 4x MT121

OR

8x 1850 + 4x MT121

Maybe someone have comments on other combos??

Question 2:
Can I use horn speakers on a dance floor with 4 stacks, one stack in each corner? For example 1x X1 + 1x Hd15 + 1x MT121 in each corner of the dancefloor....

Question 3:
Can I use MT21 as mid tops with G-subs?

Thanks for help!!!
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:18pm
I wouldnt horns need to be together to sum adn couple properly, also two horns playing identicle signals facing each other are blatently going to cause some cancelation headaches, which if you were realy good you might be able to work around but Im not sure if its doable to be honest. the first option for most things to be honest. might want another pair of hd15 though ie 6 hd15 4 x1 and 4 mt121. that would handle most music reasonably well, especialy hard dance! lol.
markk
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Swedishmeat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swedishmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:36pm
Ok here are the drivers specifications for the X1 and the HD15. (These drivers have been sold in Cerwin Vegas and Fanes name before) PLEASE COMMENT if they will suite the HD 15 and the X1!...

18" for the X1:
Max effect   750W RMS
Frequency range   25Hz-2KHz
Sensitivity   102+/-2dB
Voice Coil   4" kapton
Magnet   Y35 240 oz
Fs 37Hz
8 ohm
Le   1.85
Qms   9.2
Qes   0.3
Qts   0.29
Vas   665.9liters/23.02 cu.ft
Xmax   4.7mm
Sd   1182cm2
Die cast Aluminum chassis

15" for the HD15:
Max effect   500W RMS
Frequency range   35Hz-2KHz
Sensitivity   100+/-2dB
Voice Coil   4" kapton
Magnet   120oz
Fs 42Hz
8 ohm
Le   1.52
Qms   6.24
Qes   0.33
Qts   0.32
Vas   250.8liters/8.95 cu.ft
Xmax   4.3mm
Sd   869.2cm2
Die cast Aluminum chassis
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:39pm
what make and model are they?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swedishmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:41pm
Dont know they are imported from the same fabric who are making some of Fanes and some of Cerwin vegas models... Do you think I can use them because I can get them really cheap..?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:45pm
ebp and bl would be useful, in the x1 forum and in the hd15 forum there are threads telling how to simulate these cabinets for driver evaluation purposes.
the x1 [win isd i believe] and hd15 [definetly horn response] it even gives you the input parameters iirc, so all you have to do is copy and change the driver specs to suit what you are attempting to simulate.
hope this helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swedishmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:47pm
Ok thanks man!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:48pm
http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9161
and
http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2617
there you go read thoroughly.
noobsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noobsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 11:13pm

Swedishmeat   how large is the dance flor u are talking obout and what genre of music do u guys play there?

indorr i will allways go for the x1 coz they are brutal on subbas an u can feel the bass anywhere in the bulding.  x1 is werry omnidirectional on bass not like the 1850 and u will have less chances of getting cancelation from other subwoofers or bulding walls.

if your dance floor isn't to large you might consider using some bassreflex tops hung up somwhere without kick bins above x1, like 15"+ some comp driver.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swedishmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 8:19am
The dancefloor is pretty big... I play very different music and want it to sound good with different music. Would the HD15 be necessary?
noobsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noobsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 11:31am
i build x1 and i can tell u it's awesome on subbas and if u have some strong bass-reflex tops with some capabale 15" drivers for kick to run them above 80 hz  it will be balanced without using hd15.  u will have a + on the subbas but i don't think it would boder anyoneEvil%20Smile
  i build 186 horn it's great but in your situation of puting 1 in each corner of the dance flor( i assume not the corner of the building) it will not sound to deep.
 have u considered using 2 stacks ? 1 on each side of the dj? in my town there is a club whitch uses this way of stacking their speakers( funktion one) and it's great.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swedishmeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 1:35pm
Yes I have considered that if I do so what would you recommend then?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>