Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Can't i Post a new topic in for sale??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranjuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Can't i Post a new topic in for sale??
    Posted: 20 November 2011 at 10:10am
Hi why can I not post "for sale ads" ?? I get the below message! :S

Error Error
You do not have permission to post new topics in this forum

Regards
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 10:49am
Seeing you posted this earlier and you've now managed to post in the For Sale section I'll answer so anyone else can see it.
A forum member has to have posted at least ten times before they can use the For Sale section and Private Messaging. It's so people actively join in some discussions rather than just trying to get rid of some stuff rather than put it on eBay (etc) and lose money in fees.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 11:11am
Yes indeed....as ebay now charge a 10% of sale fee,to many people are joining just to take advantage of our free advertising,without even making any positive contribution to the forum.
Be seeing you.
soulray2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulray2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 2:48pm
Well, perhaps it's time for us to make the use of our For Sale/ Wanted sections more restricted?
Have lost count of the number of times this tiresome "Why can't I post in For Sale section" topic has been posted here, and I'm willing to bet you're pretty fatigued with it also!

We are in danger of becoming a minority on this Forum, who are here to share/gain knowledge and experience, rather than treat this space as a cut-price Ebay or Gumtree!
That's if we are not there already.

"Moderation in all things, particularly moderation!"
roo-ker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roo-ker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 11:22pm
i hate that rule i need to get hold of people but am yet to post 10 times :@
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 11:24pm
Life is so unfair sometimes. 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 10:28am
it's a tough one alright..
GEB View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 1:47pm
Can't we make this a sticky? Get fed up of people asking the same question each week. Do some people not have a brain!?
Jk1112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk1112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 1:55pm
i am also a new member - got my eye on some 215's for sale in the for sale forum - obviously- got the cash and willing to buy them but it wont let me pm the seller. annoying really as i've been watching this space for a while but haven't posted...nevermind eh 
bristolsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bristolsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 10:43pm
Thanks
mattneck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 11:36pm
Was just thinking the same thing but this solves it!
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 1:09am
Can we make it so that when you log in for the first time you get a PM or some kind of pop up from the system that tells you that you have to make 10 posts before you can do anything in the for sale section. Or else how about including it in the email you send out with the conformation code and put it in BIG ASS BLOCK CAPITALS so they cant miss it. Also could it be that when you click on the activation link it takes you to the new members please read post?

This would cut down on the number of these questions being asked as they obviously cant be bothered to read the sticky that says explicitly "new members please read" despite it being all loud and obvious.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>