Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Can't i Post a new topic in for sale??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 10:37am
that still just makes people do 10 quick pointless posts to get the numbers up which is equally annoying... if the for sale section was invisible except to actual members now...
soulray2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulray2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

that still just makes people do 10 quick pointless posts to get the numbers up which is equally annoying... if the for sale section was invisible except to actual members now...

This exactlyClap! This Forum isn't eBay or Gumtree, so it shouldn't be treated as such! And if this makes me sound like an old grump, then old grump I must be!

"Moderation in all things, particularly moderation!"
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:22pm
Hidden for sale section is possibly the solution.  That or you have to post one good idea.Tongue
music is the message
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:40pm
but obviously if it's hidden.. then in ways it's a disservice to good forum members who are trying to sell stuff, by reducing the number of people who can see it... it's a difficult one to have the best solution for..
soulray2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulray2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 5:54pm
That's nothing we can't live with surely. Need I remind folk what the original purpose of the For Sale/Wanted sections of the Forum was: It was a way, (was it not?), for members of the Forum to move on gear and/or offer it first to other Forum members.
As far as I know, it was never intended to be an eBay clone, that reaches anything like that number of potential buyers.

And in any case, the For Sale section on here works on trust, so works best among regular members, who are here in the 1st place for reasons OTHER, than shifting gear.
"Moderation in all things, particularly moderation!"
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

but obviously if it's hidden.. then in ways it's a disservice to good forum members who are trying to sell stuff, by reducing the number of people who can see it... it's a difficult one to have the best solution for..

Personally, restricting to established members works perfectly for me - if I'm buying or selling pieces of kit privately, I'm especially happy with the idea that only established members can trade, reputation is all in my view.

I don't want every scroat with a fiver in his pocket being able to set up a fake trade simply to be able to get my personal details of where I store my kit/my home address/what else I may have tucked away they fancy etc etc.

I know there's a number of other established members on here who (quite rightly) guard their storage details very closely, and as for the real serious trade members, their kit list must run into the tens or even hundreds of thousand £.

I for one would fully support a restricted buy/sell

G
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 5:58pm
i do think it would work well hidden, was just pointing out a possible disadvantage, or what could be perceieved as a disadvantage..
Intermate_Connection View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intermate_Connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 6:55pm
Hidden sounds like a good idea to me, i want to hit 10 posts yet I don't want to spam the forum. However i shall hit 10!!
Jasonstry View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonstry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 9:07pm
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> 10-20 to buy/PM, 50 to sell IMHO
FWIW
Andy
Down with signatures!
Wobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 12:41am
Aye I think that would be a good idea.
Saves any confusion.
dbsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 4:44pm
You have to have atleast 10 posts before you can sell things. 
dbsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 4:45pm
You have to have atleast 10 posts before you can sell things.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>