Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Can't i Post a new topic in for sale??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 9:13pm
nicely done dbsounds, i like what you did there - shows initiative...  personally i dont really get that bothered by people asking why they cant post in for sale when they newbies, but maybe im just a little more relaxed about these things than others. Bottom line is if someone with 11 posts is putting stuff up for sale, we can all come to our own conclusions as to their motivation and act accordingly, no? Life too short to get stressed bout these things. Im sure the mods are on the case to minimise ebay types jumping on to the SP bandwagon just to secure a sale but its goto be a line somewhere.if it was 20 posts you might just get 20 posts of blah to allow access to the sale section. 10 is better than 20.  dos tuppence has been been shared.. 
Its just a ride.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 12:10am
Be interested to know how many people selling in the for sale section do any homework about potential buyers?

When i was selling off my rig, if I had enquiries from someone I wasn't really familiar with, I'd drag up their post history. You'd be amazed at how much idea of the sort of person you're dealing that gives you.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
soulray2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulray2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 12:42am
But isn't that really the problem Norty, when we have so many members with so few posts, just spamming to qualify for "For Sale" section rights?
What little post history they have tells you nothing, (other than perhaps their primary reason for being here!).

The same can be said for those selling too, who joined the Forum clearly with that purpose in mind. Which is why, it seems to me, an evidently sensible suggestion, to make the For Sale section hidden until a member has achieved a certain number of (genuine) posts.

When, may I ask, did you last see a new member, make an introductory post here, to introduce themselves, give a little of their audio background & why they had decided to join our precious Forum?
"Moderation in all things, particularly moderation!"
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 1:38pm
Well surely that answers your question though - low post count, all of it rubbish to hit 10 posts = tread carefully, unknown quantity.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 9:41pm
That's one reason I reckon it should be 50 / 100 posts. Much harder to write garbage and get away with it. And from those 50 or 100 posts you should work out if the person is OK or not.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Powerrated View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powerrated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 4:27pm
Hey guys, im new on here, after a crown 5000 and a 3600, need to get thid 10 posts doneee.
Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 4:36pm
Hi George.

Got on alright then?

Paul.
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powerrated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 4:40pm
hey man, yeh getting the hang of it. how you doing, good weekend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powerrated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 4:41pm
i think it was playing up due to a glitch on the internet
Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 4:46pm
Stupid.

Both gigs 4am get in to beds. After getting up at 6 am. Stopped by the rozzers, Manchester again today. Kids party though. No less noise though.

Could do with somebody inventing a cardiod noise cancelling children system
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
HighGradeBlazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HighGradeBlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 6:16pm
Was driving me mad until I saw this!
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 3:21pm
Some people havent got the time to make 10 posts before they want to sell stuff, simple as that. People who want to actively contribute to the forum are welcome, traders looking for free advertising are not welcome, they should try the free ads for that!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>